On Tuesday 14th June 2022, eduroam are changing the security certificate for connecting to the Wi-Fi service. This means that everyone connecting to eduroam using a laptop, phone or tablet will need to reconfigure the Wi-Fi settings on their device to keep using eduroam.
It shouldn't take long, and you can do this any time after 10am on Tuesday 14th June, from anywhere – there is no need to wait until you are next on campus.
The easiest way to update your eduroam Wi-Fi settings is to use the eduroam Configuration Assistant Tool (CAT) and follow the instructions for the type of device you have.
Managed Windows Service, Windows, Macs, Linux
We aim to automatically update Managed Windows computers. However, if you find that your MWS laptop is having issues connecting to eduroam, you can use the same steps below to make sure you have the updated settings.
- If you are on site, connect to the GuestUoL Wi-Fi service to get an initial connection, click the link to connect to eduroam then follow the on-screen instructions.
- From home, connected to home broadband, go to the CAT installer website and follow the instructions.
Mobile phones and tablets
- On an iPhone or iPad, visit the CAT installer using the web browser and follow the instructions from there. You may need to remove the previous profile if one was installed.
- Android users can install the eduroam CAT app from the Play store and follow the steps to download the new profile.
Staff University iPhones and iPads should update automatically, but if you have any issues connecting, follow the steps above.
If you need further advice or help, you can contact the IT Service Desk or drop in to the reception area of the 502 Teaching Hub – we will have technicians available on the following dates and times:
502 Teaching Hub Reception (Campus map reference: 502, D6)
- Tuesday 14th June, 10am to 2pm
- Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th June, 12pm to 2pm
IT Services Service announcements
IT Service Desk https://servicedesk.liverpool.ac.uk IT Services